- Ph.D. Coursework, Doctorate of Interdisciplinary Studies, Washington State University
- Masters of Science, Design & Merchandising, Colorado State University
- Bachelors of Science, Apparel Merchandising, Colorado State University
- Core Competencies of Business, College of Business, Colorado State University
Areas of Specialization
- Licensing & Trademarks
- Consumer Behavior
- E-Commerce, M-Commerce and Social Media Market Research
- Retail Merchandising
Amy Hughes is a marketing specialist in the department of University Communications and Marketing. She joined the team in November of 2018, and is new to the Georgia Southern campus. As a marketing specialist, Amy collaborates with the University Communications and Marketing team to build dynamic marketing strategies designed to drive growth and visibility for colleges and departments throughout the University.
Amy has more than 20 years of experience in the retail industry. She has held positions in management, buying, visual merchandising and customer service. Additionally, Amy has worked on university campuses since 2006, including six years of teaching. Prior to moving to Statesboro, she was an instructor in the Department of Apparel, Merchandising, Design & Textiles at Washington State University where she taught introductory courses in apparel merchandising and design, merchandising and marketing processes, fashion retailing, fashion show production, multicultural perspectives on dress and the body, and history of fashion.
Raised in Florida, Amy is excited to be back in the South with her husband, five children, and two dogs.
Last updated: 1/28/2020