- Master of Education, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Bachelor of Music Education, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Certification in Innovation and New Product Development, University of Chicago Booth Graduate School of Business
Areas of Specialization
- Copywriting for Print and Web
- Research and Story Development
- Content Editing
- Strategic Counseling
Liz Walker joined the department of University Communications and Marketing in January of 2018. Liz is a writer, editor and consultant for print, web and multimedia projects University-wide. Previously she spent two years in marketing and special projects for Georgia Southern’s Division of Continuing Education.
Prior to joining Georgia Southern, she spent over 25 years in global marketing for a broad range of both start-ups and Fortune 500 companies. She served as the head of US operations for facial recognition leader–TCIT Taiwan, VP of marketing for reverse logistics expert Image Microsystems, VP of marketing for Patton Medical Devices (Medtronic) and SVP of behavioral marketing at Ogilvy/CommonHealth Worldwide. She also served as director of marketing for international color science manufacturer Datacolor, director of e-consumer health for pharmaceutical leader Merck and marketing manager for Lexmark and Western Union. She enjoys using the skills she has acquired over her long career to find new ways to communicate the Georgia Southern story.
Last updated: 10/6/2021